RDRS Bangladesh is going to implement “Securing Employment and Economic Development around Jute Textile and Light Engineering Sector in North-West Bangladesh” Project in Rangpur, Kurigram, Gaibandha, Lalmonirhat districts supported by Practical Action Bangladesh funded by European Commission. Interested candidates are requested to apply for the following position:
District Coordinator (Training & Knowledge Management)
Salary: Monthly consolidated Tk. 50,000/- to 55,000/-
Job Location: Rangpur with extensive field movement
Duration of contract: This is an EC funded project, the initial contract will be for 1 year, renewable up to 03 years subject to satisfactory performance.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Facilitate Vocational skill training and knowledge management work in jute textile & agro-machinery sector;
- Collecting data on skilled youth for employment generation;
- Delivering and overseeing the training of individuals or groups of employees;
- Designing training module and training programs;
- Facilitate knowledge service to jute processing entrepreneurs, metal workshop owners and jute growers;
- Provide training and technical assistance through Union Digital Centers and relevant ICT means in jute and light engineering areas;
- Lead design, development and implementation of Project’s learning and knowledge management functions, systems and processes;
- Coordinate apprenticeship and formal professional job skill training;
- Undertake proactive measures for knowledge building across the organization;
- Capture & share good practices and lessons with various stakeholders & target groups;
- Supervising and monitoring progress made via training programmes or schemes;
- Monitor and evaluate training effectiveness, success and report on them;
- Coordinate the team at District Level and support in 4 project working districts;
- Linkage with Government Vocational training centers, line-ministries, research institute and jute value added products industries and relevant stakeholders.
- Masters in any discipline (Agriculture/ Agri-Engineering will be preferred);
- At least 7 years of experience in training and research in any reputed development organisation of which 3 years in managerial level;
- Experience in developing and managing vocational training courses and events, especially capacity building activities in support of local agricultural focused NGOs and CBOs;
- Good computer and database skills, must be proficient in using MS Excel;
- Willingness to field visit frequently by motorcycle and must have valid driving license;
- Age maximum 40 years (may be relaxed for deserving candidates).
Process of Application:
Qualified applicants are requested to apply to the Head of HR, RDRS Bangladesh, Jail Road, Radhaballav, Rangpur with detailed CV including contact telephone/ cell phone number, 3 copies of recent passport size photographs, copies of all certificates, national ID card. Only hard copy will be considered and applicants are requested to write the name of position applied for on the envelope.
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview through cell phone/ SMS/ Email.
Any persuasion will disqualify candidature. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
RDRS is a non smoking working environment.
Last date of receiving applications is 10 January 2017.