RDRS Bangladesh is going to implement “Securing Employment and Economic Development around Jute Textile and Light Engineering Sector in North-West Bangladesh” Project in Rangpur, Kurigram, Gaibandha, Lalmonirhat districts supported by Practical Action Bangladesh funded by European Commission. Interested candidates are requested to apply for the following position:
Finance and Administration Officer
Salary: Monthly consolidated Tk. 30,000/-
Job Location: Rangpur
Duration of contract: This is an EC funded project, the initial contract will be for 1 year, renewable up to 03 years subject to satisfactory performance.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Responsible for Project finance and administrative work;
- Record keeping of all invoices and other bills, staff advance, sale proceeds, lease purchase etc. and cross check for quality ensuring;
- Preparation of payments voucher and booking of expenses under appropriate head of Accounts;
- Check petty cash expenses, daily cash count sheet and petty cash reimbursement;
- Keeping voucher, documents and records properly and safely;
- Data entry in computerized accounting system and prepare reports;
- Prepare of payroll and disbursement of petty cash and control cash;
- Settlement of invoice and other bills and deduction of Income tax and issued VAT coupon at source and timely deposit of Governments Taxes to Tax and VAT Authority;
- Maintain fixed assets memorandum and preparation of monthly statement according to capitalization policy;
- Prepare of journal voucher and take approval from authorized person before recording;
- Reporting frequently of all financial transactions monthly, quarterly, and annually and as when required;
- Organizes and ensure logistical support in facilitating meetings, conferences, and other special events;
- Assist in procurement;
- Assist in inventory management;
- Arrange required logistic support relevant to the program events;
- Ensure safety and security of the office premises and resources as needed;
- Masters Accounting/ Finance with at least 5 years experience in the relevant field;
- Should have strong skill in accounting, budget preparation, forecast, monitoring and financial analysis, hands-on experience in donor reporting, ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure within deadlines;
- Experience in accounting software is must;
- The incumbent should have sound understanding of NGO Affairs Bureau requirements across the project cycle, fluent verbal and written English, strong computer skills in MS Office, especially in Excel;
- Good interpersonal skills and relationship with other and communication skills;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is preferred;
- Willing to travel extensively within the RDRS operational areas and beyond;
- Have practical experience and ability to work under pressure and stressful situation;
- Age maximum 40 years (may be relaxed for deserving candidates).
Process of Application:
Qualified applicants are requested to apply to the Head of HR, RDRS Bangladesh, Jail Road, Radhaballav, Rangpur with detailed CV including contact telephone/ cell phone number, 3 copies of recent passport size photographs, copies of all certificates, national ID card. Only hard copy will be considered and applicants are requested to write the name of position applied for on the envelope.
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview through cell phone/ SMS/ Email.
Any persuasion will disqualify candidature. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
RDRS is a non smoking working environment.
Last date of receiving applications is 10 January 2017.