RDRS Bangladesh is going to implement “Securing Employment and Economic Development around Jute Textile and Light Engineering Sector in North-West Bangladesh” Project in Rangpur, Kurigram, Gaibandha, Lalmonirhat districts supported by Practical Action Bangladesh funded by European Commission. Interested candidates are requested to apply for the following position:
District Coordinator (Agriculture & Jute)
Salary: Monthly consolidated Tk. 48,000/- to 52,000/-
Job Location: Rangpur/ Kurigram/ Gaibandha/ Lalmonirhat
Duration of contract: This is an EC funded project, the initial contract will be for 1 year, renewable up to 03 years subject to satisfactory performance.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Directly work and mentor 200 jute processing entrepreneurs for their mechanized fiber extraction and improved jute retting process.
- Make linkage between Jute Research Institute, Department of Agriculture Extension, Jute and Textile Department. Support farmers accessing inputs;
- Ensure technical support for jute farmer processors in fiber extraction, ribbon retting, improving jute fiber quality;
- Oversee jute growers and other agro-machine entrepreneurs;
- Provide technical support to increase smallholder farmers’ knowledge and use of appropriate agricultural inputs in response to barriers and increase production and increase fiber quality;
- Train the small jute buyers on jute grade, storage, transportation and accessing finance to get better margin;
- Entrepreneurship development on the basis of Jute fiber extraction machine;
- Strong linkage with partial board factories for proper use of broken jute sticks & trained up entrepreneur for Jute stick processing;
- Makes Jute processing related presentations to public groups, local bodies, legislators and government agencies;
- Coordinate the team at District Level and support in 4 project working districts;
- Linkage with Government line-ministries, research institute and jute value added products industries and relevant stakeholders;
- Writing reports and capturing key lesson learnt.
- Masters in Agriculture with 7 years working experience in the relevant field;
- Excellent skill in networking and advocacy with stakeholders and able to demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills;
- Well conversant in English and Bangla;
- Report writing skill both in Bangla and English is essential;
- Willingness to field visit frequently by motorcycle in 4 project districts;
- Age maximum 40 years (may be relaxed for deserving candidates).
Process of Application:
Qualified applicants are requested to apply to the Head of HR, RDRS Bangladesh, Jail Road, Radhaballav, Rangpur with detailed CV including contact telephone/ cell phone number, 3 copies of recent passport size photographs, copies of all certificates, national ID card. Only hard copy will be considered and applicants are requested to write the name of position applied for on the envelope.
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview through cell phone/ SMS/ Email.
Any persuasion will disqualify candidature. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
RDRS is a non smoking working environment.
Last date of receiving applications is 10 January 2017.