RDRS Bangladesh is going to implement “Securing Employment and Economic Development around Jute Textile and Light Engineering Sector in North-West Bangladesh” Project in Rangpur, Kurigram, Gaibandha, Lalmonirhat districts supported by Practical Action Bangladesh funded by European Commission. Interested candidates are requested to apply for the following position:
District Coordinator (Engineering)
Salary: Monthly consolidated Tk. 48,000/- to 52,000/-
Job Location: Rangpur/ Kurigram/ Gaibandha/ Lalmonirhat
Duration of contract: This is an EC funded project, the initial contract will be for 1 year, renewable up to 03 years subject to satisfactory performance.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Full time position and responsible for promoting vocational employment in agro-machinery & metal workshop enterprises;
- Support Lathe Machine Sromik Union welfare functions for metal workshop artisans;
- Networking with jute and light engineering related Govt. and private sector institution for enabling environment;
- Technical follow up to metal workshop artisan’s and their employment;
- Provide technical support to jute processing, agro-machines and light engineering work;
- Selection and vocational skill training facilitation of youths and their job placement;
- Identify Master Trainer (ostad) and link them with the apprentice;
- Review and customize demand led training courses;
- Maintain and modify equipment to ensure safety and efficiency;
- Coordinate the team at District Level and support in 4 project working districts;
- Linkage with Government line-ministries, research institute and jute value added products industries and relevant stakeholders;
- Writing reports and capturing key lesson learnt.
- B.Sc. in Agri Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering with preferably MS in Engineering (Farm Power Mechanics);
- 7 years working experience in reputed organizations preferably having experience in the INGOs in the area of agricultural mechanization;
- Competency in vocational training courses designing and facilitation will be appreciated;
- Excellent skill in networking and advocacy with stakeholders and able to demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
- Well conversant in English;
- Report writing skill both in Bangla and English is essential;
- Willingness to field visit frequently by motorcycle in 4 project districts;
- Age maximum 40 years (may be relaxed for deserving candidates).
Process of Application:
Qualified applicants are requested to apply to the Head of HR, RDRS Bangladesh, Jail Road, Radhaballav, Rangpur with detailed CV including contact telephone/ cell phone number, 3 copies of recent passport size photographs, copies of all certificates, national ID card. Only hard copy will be considered and applicants are requested to write the name of position applied for on the envelope.
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview through cell phone/ SMS/ Email.
Any persuasion will disqualify candidature. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
RDRS is a non smoking working environment.
Last date of receiving applications is 10 January 2017.