RDRS Bangladesh is going to implement “Securing Employment and Economic Development around Jute Textile and Light Engineering Sector in North-West Bangladesh” Project in Rangpur, Kurigram, Gaibandha, Lalmonirhat districts supported by Practical Action Bangladesh funded by European Commission. Interested candidates are requested to apply for the following position:
Technical Supervisor (04)
Salary: Monthly consolidated Tk. 25,000/- to 27,000/-
Job Location: Rangpur/ Kurigram/ Gaibandha/ Lalmonirhat
Duration of contract: This is an EC funded project, the initial contract will be for 1 year, renewable up to 03 years subject to satisfactory performance.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Supervise community mobilisers for grass root technical training;
- Communicate local metal workshops and jute weaving factories;
- Closely work with jute processing entrepreneurs, buyers, small jute weaving factory owners & weavers, metal workshop artisans and youth for vocational skill training;
- Cultivation or harvesting of jute plants;
- Ensure technical support for jute farmer processors in fiber extraction, ribbon retting, improving jute fiber quality;
- Observes community mobilisers to identify problems, initiating corrective action as necessary;
- Prepares reports regarding field conditions, crop yields, machinery breakdowns, or labor problems
- Reviews employees' work to evaluate quality and quantity;
- Monitoring data collection and compilation both qualitative and quantitative;
- Monitoring the field activities.
- At least B.Sc. in Agricultural Science/ Agri-Engineering or Masters in any Discipline;
- At least 3 years experience in the relevant field;
- Knowledge of jute production and marketing, Jute Value Chain, Market Linkage, Vocational Education;
- Supervisory skills and management ability;
- Ability to keep records of time, production and costs, and to make reports and recommendations for improvement in methods and equipment;
- Willingness to field visit frequently by motorcycle;
- Age maximum 40 years (may be relaxed for deserving candidates).
Process of Application:
Qualified applicants are requested to apply to the Head of HR, RDRS Bangladesh, Jail Road, Radhaballav, Rangpur with detailed CV including contact telephone/ cell phone number, 3 copies of recent passport size photographs, copies of all certificates, national ID card. Only hard copy will be considered and applicants are requested to write the name of position applied for on the envelope.
Only short listed candidates will be called for interview through cell phone/ SMS/ Email.
Any persuasion will disqualify candidature. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
RDRS is a non smoking working environment.
Last date of receiving applications is 10 January 2017.