Oxfam employs more than six thousand people in 90 countries who share a commitment to work together to end poverty and suffering. It is committed to ensure diversity and gender equality within the organization and welcomes applications from women, person with disability and under-represented groups. Oxfam does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on their HIV/AIDS status. The organization has been working in Bangladesh since the War of Independence and has established a permanent country office in 1972. Since then it has responded to all major emergencies in the country. Oxfam’s current program focuses on Economic Justice & Resilience, Gender and Women’s Leadership and Humanitarian Capacity Building and Response
Senior Donor Contract & Compliance Officer
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh, Job Type: 2 Years (Fixed Term)
Salary & Benefits: BDT. 10,56,451 (13 months) per annum gross with other benefits e.g. medical for spouse and children, contributory Provident fund, gratuity, leave & Insurance etc.
Oxfam is looking for a dynamic team player to work with Oxfam in Bangladesh. He /she will be reportable to Funding and Quality Director/Program Development Specialist. The contract duration of this position is 2 years initially. (Only Bangladeshi national are eligible to apply).
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- At least 5 years working experience with national and international NGOs or relevant organisations
- In-depth knowledge of specific areas of work with post graduate preferably in Accounting/Finance/Project Management
- Experience working on programmes and projects delivered through partners/third-parties
- Experience in providing advisory support to both senior managers and programme staff and good ability to facilitate learning and knowledge management
- Strong ability and proven track record on donor contract management
- Clear knowledge and understanding about the national and international process of women’s movement, protocols, instruments which preserving and protecting women rights and entitlements
- Strong understanding of gender issues
- Experience of working with donors and their requirements. Has the ability to evaluate proposals and reports and make technical recommendations for improvement. Also knowledge of Project Cycle Management, Log Frame Analysis and other programme development tools.
- Demonstrable budget management and analytical skills
- Strong MS Office and software based project management skills
- Strong writing, reporting, documentation and communications skills
More detailed of the key responsibilities, skills and competencies, please visit jobs/oxfam.org.uk by using the Job Reference Number INT3017
If you feel you can make a difference please visit https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk by using the Job Reference Number INT3017 (Please follow the proper procedure. Sending of irrelevant documents will be counted as disqualification.)
Application Deadline: December 31, 2016 by 5:00 pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any persuasion will disqualify the candidature.
Find us on www.facebook.com/oxfambangladesh
Oxfam is a world-wide development organization that mobilizes the power of people against poverty
OUR VALUES - All our work is led by three core values:
Empowerment: Everyone, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
Accountability: We take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
Inclusiveness: We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences