Name of position: Administration and Operations Officer
Reportable to Project Director, MLC /Senior Technical Advisor, Jhpiego
This position is responsible for ensuring efficient administrative and operations in the project area office in terms of office management, procurement, HR administrative work and other program support functions according to Jhpiego policies and procedures. Functions are to be performed in close collaboration with accounting firm, Jhpiego Senior Management Team and Jhpiego headquarters.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Administrative Support:
- Ensure logistic support in organizing program meetings, workshops, seminars, training and or interviews as necessary.
- Provide assistance to internal and external consultants, Researchers, Donors and other visitors with information, documents and make necessary coordination.
- Participate in different program planning meeting as and when needed as per instruction of Project Director and provide him written/verbal feedback
- Ensure good coordination between program and administration and Involve in conflict resolution as needed.
- Completes official procurement directly or through Dhaka Office as per Jhpiego policies or in other cases, call for Procurement Committee meeting for decision.
- Ensure maintain records of inventory according to asset classification of Jhpiego policies of Impact Area, district Offices and ware houses.
B. Office Operations:
- Ensures implementation of sound administrative systems and processes to ensure smooth functioning of the country and field offices
- Ensures assets and inventories are well maintained and annual physical verifications are undertaken
- Manages office lease agreements and other contracted vendor agreements
- Overseas the integrity of the procurement process especially the identification and establishment of preferred vendors.
- Review various financial monitoring tools like the purchase order log, airfare and airport transfers log, motor vehicle log, etc. on a regular basis.
C. Record Keeping and Reporting:
- Ensure adequate and organized record keeping of all project activities including plans, implementation progress, workshops, supervision visits and training
- Share records with relevant stakeholders and team members, as needed
D. Handling Staff Affairs & Others:
- Ensure that personnel files (as required) are updated regularly for each Jhpiego paid staff based in the Impact Area.
- Ensure staff leave records are maintained properly and end of year annual leave report/information is correct
- Ensure effective annual staff performance evaluations and documentation.
- Ensure that casual staff for the Field Area is hired as per BdCO policy.
- Do any other business/tasks assigned by the supervisor as required
NOTE: All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the Jhpiego mission and values
- Contribute to the knowledge sharing and transfer process
- Make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- Participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned and provide feedback as needed
- Multitask, be able to manage competing priorities and be able to prioritize in order to meet program and/or organizational objectives
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The incumbent should have minimum graduate degree (honors) in any discipline preferably accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent.
- S/he will have minimum of eight (8) years of working experience in relevant field and working experience in NGO sector will be an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing.
- Financial and computer skills – working knowledge of database applications, word processing and Excel, as well as experience with accounting software
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Experience working with USAID or USG; knowledge of USG rules and regulations; experience working with other donors
- Experience in developing and implementing administrative systems in areas of procurement, asset management, office operations etc
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit a cover letter and a Photograph with CV to the email to Jhpiego.Bangladesh@gmail.com or Jhpiego Bangladesh, House CEN(E) 13/B, Road 108, “Villanju”, Flat # 2B, Gulshan 2, Dhaka-1215, Bangladesh on or before 29th December-2016