IOM is looking for a Project Assistants according to the Terms of Reference below. Interested applicants are invited to apply by 29 December 2016 at the latest, referring to the vacancy notice ref. code on the e-mail subject header.
OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
||SVN-040/2016/S - BD1
||Project Assistant (Several Positions)
||Filed Locations, Cox’s Bazar
||Estimated Starting Date:
||As soon as possible
|G-03/01 (UN Salary Scale)
Base Salary: 58,877.58
|Type of Appointment:
Special Short Term (with possibility of extension)
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator (PC)/National Programme Officer (NPO) and overall supervision of the Head of Sub Office of IOM Cox’s Bazar Sub Office, Bangladesh, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the day to day implementation of the programme as well as other projects in IOM Cox’s Bazar Sub Office.
The incumbent will be assigned to inter alia, the following tasks:
- Provide general assistance in the implementation of project and to support in delivering the quality input to implementing partner’s organisations guided by project document and project implementation plan.
- Ensure effective monitoring and track achievements as per the project implementation plan, wok plan and operationalised linked to project documents.
- Coordinate and support in organising different meetings/workshops, training, project relevant meetings/representation/ and liaison effective working relationships with concern ministry and respective govt. offices, civil society, recruitment agency and other private institution.
- Ensure to collect necessary deliverable assigned to partner organisations including project report – monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Provide necessary inputs for preparation of project progress and final reports both for internal use -IOM and external one- donors.
- Assist in tracking budget of partner organisation and to support in tracking overall project budget.
- Identify and effectively manage key risks in the project, including security risks, related to activities for which you are responsible in consultation with the team leader.
- Complete PR for all relevant program activities and ensure proper quotation from vendors and follow up on any finance/admin related paperwork related to the Project
- Take minutes of the meeting and keep track of those meetings for filing and reporting purposes.
- Remain responsible for the maintenance of project related files, documents, equipment and database etc.
- Undertake field visit related to programme assessment, liaison with counterparts as per programme requirements.
- Undertake duties delegated by the respective supervision, hold self-accountable in completion of assigned task and manage resources efficiently.
- Perform other duties as when assigned by the supervisor.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics, International Relations, Law or other related fields;
- Three years’ experience in labor migration/counter trafficking or similar role is an advantage
- Experienced in organizing consultation, workshops, seminar with high level stake holders.
Method of Application:
Candidates with the required qualifications can apply online: http://www.iom.org.bd/page/current-vacancies/
Please ensure that your profile is complete with the latest information. As incomplete applications generate an immense administrative burden for our organization, we only accept profiles duly filled in. As a general rule, candidates who have not properly completed their on-line profile will be excluded from consideration.
Any attempt for persuasion will be considered as a disqualification
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CALLED FOR ASSESSMENT
IOM is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
IOM Offices and vehicles have smoke-free work environment.