Programme Manager (Livelihoods & Climate Resilience)
No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Coordinate projects and provide backstopping, advisory support and assistance to partners in project implementation with the objective of achieving clearly defined and measurable outputs.
- Undertake field level monitoring visits on a regular basis and develop well documented analytical monitoring reports of those visits;
- Prepare periodical progress reports to reflect achievement of project targets, document lessons learnt and record project activities.
- Prepare consolidated reports on partner programmes for submission to head office and donor agencies;
- Facilitate adequate liaison and linkages with relevant networks, government departments and relevant agencies to support programme implementation and advocacy initiatives by the partners;
- Ensure identification of training needs at all levels and organize capacity building of partner staff and community on programme components.
- Facilitate support to partners in developing quality publications as IEC materials, reports, workshop documents and brochures.
- Draw up terms of reference for consultancy and negotiate contractual agreements.
- Work closely with the Finance Officer to ensure timely and effective fund disbursement in accordance with contractual compliances.
- Contribute to relevant WHH organisational and country policy discussions;
- Contribute to and support in developing project proposals and their submission to donors. A good understanding of designing and managing budgets is essential.
- Moderate and facilitate workshops and seminars and ensure proper documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt;
- Assist in setting up WHH office in Bangladesh and identify suitable local NGOs for future cooperation;
- Represent Welthungerhilfe at different platforms, meetings, seminars and consultations.
- Others: Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade and as communicated by Welthungerhilfe.
- Degree in agriculture, natural resource management, livelihoods, development management or related disciplines.
At least 8 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in the development sector on results based project management at mid and senior management level.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English and Bengali;
- Strong understanding of food and nutrition Security, Natural Resources Management and livelihood issues
- Skills and experience in micro and macro advocacy initiatives, networking skills and capacity building;
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative approaches and solutions to complex problems;
- Previous experience of managing donor supported projects and rights and entitlements based projects will be an advantage
- Excellent computer skills in packages including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Highly motivated and willingness to travel across the country, participate in meetings even during weekends as and when necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Niyogbarta.com Online Job Posting
Published On : 2017-01-09
No. of Vacancies : 1
Job Nature : Contructual
Experience : At least 8 year(s)
Gender : Any
Job level : Entry Level
Job Location : Dhaka
Salary Range : N/A
Application Deadline : 2017-01-29
Category : NGO / Developments