Project Manager, Disasters & Emergencies Preparedness Programme
BBC Media Action
No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Convene and support the Shongjog MSP, enabling the group to develop and agree collaborative workplans for the DEPP project.
- Support the Shongjog MSP to diversify interest and participation in the aims and work of the group.
- Oversee delivery of the DEPP programme of activities in Bangladesh, ensuring that deliverables are on track, on time and to the required quality standard.
- Act as a hub for strategic and operational relationships with and between I/NGO, UN, government, private sector and other partners, ensuring that lines of communication are clear, partnerships are of mutual benefit and issues of concern are appropriately flagged.
- Line manage the project coordinator, and any other roles as agreed, including recruitment, induction, task management and professional development.
- Work with Shongjog MSP member agencies, the Senior Project Manager and the CDAC DEPP Programme Manager to operate the in-country flexible funding mechanism (FFM) that promotes multi-stakeholder, context-specific interventions to strengthening preparedness capacity for information sharing and two-way communication.
- Support the Shongjog MSP to implement a range of core CDAC Network DEPP activities, e.g., updating the message library as necessary, up-dating the Bangladesh media landscape guide, use CDAC Network training courses and simulation tools to promote CwC preparedness within the platform and beyond.
- Support the Shongjog MSP and the CDAC Network DEPP project to better engage and influence the humanitarian policy environment in Bangladesh, regionally and internationally.
- With support from the BBC Media Action research team and the CDAC DEPP MEL team, monitor the project activities within the established monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) framework for the DEPP project in Bangladesh. Ensure that information and learning is used effectively for adaptive management by the Shongjog MSP and that it feeds into the broader CDAC Network and DEPP programme MEL and communications.
- Support the CDAC DEPP Programme Manager to communicate and share ideas, experiences and learning from the Bangladesh DEPP project with the CwC working groups in the Philippines and South Sudan, the CDAC Network and other DEPP stakeholders, including the START Network (this may involve occasional international travel).
- Work with the Senior Project Manager to manage the DEPP project budget (including oversight of those areas delivered by FFM partner organisations), exercising a degree of judgment to ensure that financial targets are met and taking delegated responsibility for management of relevant budget lines.
- With input from finance colleagues and FFM project implementing agencies, collate and provide timely and accurate forecasting and reporting information for DEPP spend, activities and deliverables to the Senior Project Manager and the CDAC DEPP Programme Manager.
- Write regular reports and other documents needed to meet the deliverable and reporting commitments of the project.
- Represent the CDAC Network DEPP project within appropriate fora in Bangladesh, regionally and internationally, as required.
- Support the Senior Project Manager to ensure that all outputs meet the highest editorial standards; comply with BBC and BBC Media Action policies and procedures; and are financially and legally compliant.
- Contribute to the vision and strategy for future communication-related disaster preparedness and response work, both in Bangladesh and globally, supporting the Senior Project Manager, Country Director, the Shongjog MSP and the wider CDAC Network in strategic planning.
- Take proactive responsibility for staying informed about developments and good practice in disaster preparedness and response (particularly in the field of communications) in Bangladesh and globally.
- Undertake any other tasks or responsibilities as requested by the Senior Project Manager.
- Visit this link to view job detail: http://hotjobs.bdjobs.com/jobs/bbcmediaaction/bbcmediaaction149.htm
Additional Job Requirements
- Visit this link to view job Requirements: http://hotjobs.bdjobs.com/jobs/bbcmediaaction/bbcmediaaction149.htm
Niyogbarta.com Online Job Posting
Published On : 2016-12-31
No. of Vacancies : 0
Job Nature : Full Time
Gender : Any
Job level : Entry Level
Job Location : Dhaka
Salary Range : N/A
Application Deadline : 2017-01-14
Category : NGO / Developments