Banqueting Manager/ Supervisor
No. of Vacancies
Job Description / Responsibility
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the food and beverage services offered throughout the Restaurant, including
- Restaurant Service and Catering; as well as related guest services through effective direction, leadership and supervision.
- Continually maintain & exceed all standards of service, guest satisfaction & staff development. Develop an environment within these
- Areas, which encourages employees to be happy, motivated & proud of the products and services provided by them, resulting in a
- Joyful, memorable, relaxed and causal event for the guest. Develop a loyal following amongst guests, thus increasing business and
- Furthering the Restaurant's reputation of providing a quality experience.
- Oversee and participate in the process of finding, interviewing, hiring, training and furthering the abilities of all hotel food and beverage staff.
- Monitor and motivate all food and beverage staff members to ensure that they have every opportunity to achieve job satisfaction and career development.
- Oversee and participate in the process of disciplining, re-training and terminating Restaurant/Catering food and beverage staff.
- Conduct periodic performance reviews of all hotel food and beverage staff.
- Keep AGM informed of any exceptional individual performance issues.
- Regularly update the related procedural manuals.
- Produce a weekly schedule for staff, according to business levels and labour budgets.
- Plan and conduct regular meetings for departmental staff.
- Maintain effective communication within the various areas, as well as with all other Department.
- Attend weekly/monthly Meetings.
- Attend weekly Catering Meetings.
- Participate with the AGM to develop, monitor and maintain Beverage Control procedures in entire operation.
- Conduct regular inventory audits of hotel food and beverage related items, and re-order items when necessary.
- Liaise with the AGM regarding the sourcing of, and purchase of, unique products thus allowing the operation to excel and compete with a superior Catering program.
- Liaise with the Chef to ensure appropriate inventories are stocked including food and beverage and non-food and beverage items used in the hotel's food and beverage operations.
- Liaise with the Housekeeping Staff to ensure cleanliness within all function of cleanliness within all guest area as it relates to hotel food and beverage operations.
- Liaise with Maintenance Manager to ensure proper operation of all equipment
- Ensure the smooth operation of all catering functions.
- Responsible for quality control within all hotel food and beverage areas.
- Maximize hotel's food and beverage revenues via in-house promotions and advertising.
- Ensure pricing within all areas of hotel food and beverage is "in-line" with the competition.
- Assist Sales Managers in co-ordination of their sales efforts as they relate to hotel food and beverage.
- Participate in annual budgeting process.
- Any other reasonable duties that may be assigned periodically.
- POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 2 years' experience
- Proven ability in managing and supervising, preferably in a Banquets capacity
- Must have a flexible schedule, be highly motivated and quality driven
- Detail oriented yet able to excel while multi-tasking
- Able to accept responsibility and lead by example
- Cash handling and computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Able to lift 25 kg
At least 2 year(s)
Additional Job Requirements
- Age At least 22 year(s)
- Female and Male both can Apply
- Excellent computer literacy.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluency in English
- Able to work in a team.
Niyogbarta.com Online Job Posting
Published On : 2016-12-28
No. of Vacancies : 5
Job Nature : Full Time
Experience : At least 2 year(s)
Age : Age At least 22 year(s)
Gender : Any
Job level : Entry Level
Job Location : Dhaka
Salary Range : Negotiable
Application Deadline : 2017-01-25
Category : Travel / Tourism / Hotel